Friday, May 14, 2010

Poetry by Amy Charmichael

'Mountain Breezes', a poetry book I loved, especially when I was going through cancer treatments, 10 yrs ago. Amy Charmichael was an amazing woman, rescued children from pedophiles, yes they had them in the late 1800's, but then Amy became bedridden, for yrs. and wrote many books, etc.



'I WILL REFRESH YOU', (Matthew 11:28).

Heart that is weary because of the way,
Facing the wind and sting of the spray,
Come unto Me, and I will refresh you....

Heart that has tasted of travail and toil,
Burdened for souls whom the foe would despoil,
Come unto Me, and I will refresh you.

Heart that is frozen--a handful of snow,
Heart that is faded--a sky without glow,
Come unto Me, and I will refresh you.

Heart that is weary, O come unto Me.
Fear not, whatever the trouble may be;
Come unto Me, and I will refresh you.



'WE SHALL KNOW', also by Amy Charmichael

He will renew us in His love always.
Ours is a weary, clogging flesh,
But we shall know.
Patience of comfort, peace and fortitude,
Shall drink where fresh waters flow,
Taste angels' food;
For, loving, Thou dost love until the end.
O great and dear Redeemer, we have proved
What Love Divine can spend
On its beloved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home