Saturday, November 04, 2006

Blogging and stress.....

It has been 2 months since I have blogged, and yet it is reported that I have one person a week reading my blog. Haha! My husband got 100 people reading his blog yesterday! Oh well, we have different gifts, and I am learning to not covet his gifts any longer. He is an excellent writer, amongst other things. I have my own gifts, as do you.
I want to blog, and will try and be a little more regular, in case there would be that one person that I could have an encouraging word. Also, I need an encouraging word, if even I just use my blog as a journal, with noone reading it. My work at the shelter has been very stressful lately!
Being a Case Manager with homeless women with disabilities of mental illness and recovering substance abuse, is a challenge. Most of the ladies are doing wonderfully, and it is very rewarding to help people out of homelessness go forward. However, there is always a woman or two that is struggling. It's always the naughty child that gets most of the attention. But then, we are there for the children, and hopefully, there to help a woman to have another chance to do good and make something good out of their life. "It's not over till it's over!"
When I am stressed out, that is the time for me to be praying and ask God to take care of the situation. I'm not capable to handle some very hard situations. Fortunately we have other people that we can turn to, in dealing with hard problems. The truth in situations always come out, and things have a way of working out.
To know God and be a follower of Him is one of the most fortunate and wonderful things that can happen to a person. It is by God's grace that we can stay on the 'straight and narrow path'. Having a healthy 'fear of God' is a great aid in being able to do so.

1 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Blogger Donnav said...

Hi!
So I'm reader number 2????

I popped in from the link at one of Jon's sites....& glad I did.

Looking forward to reading more about the work you do. Currently I volunteer at a non-profit in Portland that works with homeless teens....so it's an issue close to my heart as well!!

All that to say...keep blogging...you have readers...ok...at least 2!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home