Sunday, August 20, 2006

Tomorrow is promised to noone.......

Life is shorter than anyone would think. I have already had probably several close calls and yet, I still think I will live to be a very old person. But really, how do I really know? Tomorrow is not promised to anyone. My first time that I realized this, was over 26 years ago, when my twin sons were born 3 months premature, and I was hemorrhaging, and not only did I almost lose the boys, but I too was at great risk.
But really, I had some close calls, and angels watching over me, I believe, when I was a teenager and a very young adult. I was a very crazy driver, and I look back and shudder at a few instances in particular, when I could have been killed with my reckless driving and certainly could have killed others.

Then, several years ago, there was the time that I almost drowned in a river, when we were tubing, a river currant pulled me under. I really thought, "This could be it". Then, by instinct, I let go of the log that I was trying to climb, and went with the flow of the water, and was pulled up".
Six years ago, when I had not just one cancer, thyroid, and unrelated to my breast cancer that year, at first the doctor said that it was 4th stage, making my husband really scared, in particular. I was just worried that I would have to have a traceodomy, but than found out it was just 2nd stage. I'm a cancer survivor, with continuing good reports, thank God!

So, what does this all mean? It means, am I ready to die? Am I sure that there is an eternal life, and this is not all that there is? Am I ready to meet my maker?

When I was driving like a nut, with no fear of death, I wasn't ready, nor had I even thought about life or death. I was too young, I was going to live forever.....

When my boys were born, and I realized that tomorrow wasn't promised to anyone, I didn't feel ready to go yet. I wanted to raise my boys, and wasn't quite ready to meet Jesus yet.

When I had my cancers, I felt, "My life is in Your hands dear God". I have found that whatever years I have left, I am here to serve God, and tell others about Him. "Have you thought about if you're ready to meet your maker? Have you thought about the deeper questions in life. Asking questions is very important, and if one is sincere, he will get the answers.

Am I ready to die? Do I want to go? I could be ready, but would like to live longer. I want to enjoy my grandchildren, the ones that aren't here yet, and it will be a few years longer before that will happen. I enjoy my husband, he's difinitely a God sent; I love my kids, and want to see them all grow, prosper and mostly, love Jesus deeply. And, I do want God to use me to tell others about the hope that lies within me, and the only wonderful hope there is in this world. In this messed up world, God is here. He has just let strong willed people to their own devices, and not needing God, and look what has happened. "Come quickly Lord Jesus, come". Please be ready, you are so very loved!!!

1 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Blogger Andrew McAllister said...

That is a hard message to contemplate. You have done so with grace. Good for you.
To Love, Honor and Dismay

 

Post a Comment

<< Home